I am about to make my first Solar Air Heater to take the edge off the cold winters in my garage jam space and help supplement the little space heater that is draining the old pockets. Over the next couple of weeks, I will post a series of photos and step by step instructions to complete your own solar air heater.
Maybe with some discussions and modifications we can increase the efficiency of them and maximize the ratio between making them cheaper and more effective. I am a civil engineer, so being able to test how well it is performing is important to me. I will provide some testing data with it, and I may just dust off my old thermodynamics to try to maximize it's efficiency.
Like other DIY'ers out there, I am planning to use empty beer/pop cans to create the necessary surface area to give adequate results. See you all on the flip side!
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Passive Solar Air Heater - Step by Step - DIY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment